Code Shopping (Periodic Updates #3)

This week I dedicated my time to collecting different projects that used a sound sensor and LEDs  ( neopixels) to get an idea of what type of code syntax I would need to use for my project. I looked into controlling for lux, but it seems that  the equipment as well as that particular goal would be a little more than I could handle for this project that is due in about a month. Hopefully through free time I can add this idea to my project further dow the line when I have the time.

I looked through several examples of projects and codes used that other people provided on the internet (i.e. Youtube, Instructables, and Adafruit) . I believe the thing that took me the longest was getting my keyword search, which is like any research 

I found several pieces for code that I can use with a Neopixel with the help of Adafruit and Instructables. I have not purchased my kit yet, becuase I want to make sure I know exactly what I am doing for my project. My project is likely to change due to the artistic and maker processes I like to have plan as much as possible. Before I can have a hands on experience with my materials I have to know what I want my material to say and how I can get it to do just that. This is through the process of finding/remixing the right code as well as the right aesthetic for my project. 


Potential Code Ideas

  • Sound Reactive LEDs
    • This code allows me to look at the component of how sound will affect LEDs and how on would go about writing that syntax. 
  • Sound Reactive LED Peace Sign
    • Gemma (M0) - Wearable 
    • $34 in parts needed ( Gemma M0, NeoPixel Ring - larger, Switch, li-po battery 3.7V, limply battery charger,  and mic amp)

Towards the end of this quest for the perfect code, I also made some revisions to how I want my piece to look like. I want it to be as interactive as possible, and wanted to include touch into the project. The next coming week, I plan to draft hand held versions of my project. I also want to incorporate the idea of Oshun,  the mother of African, into my piece. Next weeks update will entail sketches of what I want my project to look like as well as include detailed themes for the project 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Including Oshun (Artifacts and Timeline)

Periodic Update #7

Research/ Explorations/ Materials/ Tools (Post 3)